Wednesday 10 September 2014

London in the Rain!

It's probably about time I posted some pictures of the London paintings I created after a visit in May...

The weather was not on the side of someone taking photographs but I bought an umbrella and explored some favourite sights: Tower of London, Big Ben, The Gherkin, Westminster Bridge. 

With the streets covered in rain I played around with composing reflections. One good thing about wet weather is that you are never short of light. 

Once I'd painted the images and had them at the editing/combining stage I experimented heavily with skies. The effect of combining photograph with paint has in these pieces had some energetic results. 

Also, just for fun, there's an animal hiding in every picture. Enjoy! 


#45 View of Tower Bridge, London


#46 On Tower Bridge, London


#47 Big Ben in the Rain, London


#48 30 St Mary Axe, London


#49 View from Westminster Bridge, London

No comments:

Post a Comment